February 26th, 2014 | Alabama Metal Art | 0 Comments
We are extremely excited to announce our 2014 design contest!
Examples of former contest entries:
Who Should Enter:
- Anyone! We encourage all of our Facebook friends (both new and old) as well as our former Alabama Metal Art clients to enter a design!
- Contest participants should be from one of the U.S. lower 48 states (the winning design will be shipped to the contest winner free of charge within the lower 48 U.S. states).
How To Enter:
- All designs should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Designs will be accepted up until Monday, April 1st at 8 a.m. “LIKE” the Alabama Metal Art Facebook page to get updates regarding the Design Contest.
- Designs are to be submitted by e-mail (email@example.com) and must include your full name, valid e-mail address, and contact phone number (your contact info will not be shared with any other party and will only be used in case we need to contact you regarding your design) .
- Designs must be no larger than 50″ x 24″ (the winning design will be cut out of 12 gage steel sheet which is approximately 1/8″ thick).
- Designs do NOT have to be submitted actual size – scaled down drawings on 8.5 x 11 sheet size are adequate. Overall dimensions of the finished part should be noted on your design.
- Designs should be unique and original.
- Designs submitted can be hand drawn or computer generated (amateur designers only) – contact Alabama Metal Art if you have difficulty creating a digital image of your hand drawn design. Preferred file formats: DWG, DXF, AI, PDF, JPG, or BMP.
- All designs must have relatively clean lines (i.e. no “rough” sketches) and should be submitted in black and white only.
- Designs do NOT have to be personalized with a name.
- Designs must be manufacturable:
- 1-piece design – part must be all connected (see below).
- ¼” minimum width of cut out part (see below).
- Click on the “CROFT” example below for additional clarification of the manufacturing criteria.
How the Contest Works:
- Designs will be accepted up until Tuesday, April 1st at 8 a.m.
- All designs will be posted in a photo album on Facebook until the finalists are determined.
- Five (5) finalists will be selected by Alabama Metal Art (finalists will be chosen based on uniqueness, creativity, and manufacturability of the designs submitted).
- Finalists designs will be posted in a new album on Alabama Metal Art’s Facebook page no later than Thursday, April 3rd (2 days after the submission deadline).
- Finalists will ask their Facebook friends to “LIKE” the Alabama Metal Art Facebook page and then “LIKE” (vote for) the photo posted on our page that contains their design (any Facebook user is welcome to “vote”).
- The design with the most “LIKES” on Monday, April 14th at 8 a.m. wins the contest.